Today’s my 27th birthday! It’s hard to believe I’m officially in my late 20s. How time flies! Yet, people often tell me I don’t look a day older than my early 20s. LOL. I’ll take all the compliments I can get.
This blog post is simply to reflect on what stuck out to me the most in my life this past year. I have so much to be grateful for and I truly look forward to all the wonderful things 27 have in store for me. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it!
- The best years of my life are just starting: It’s ok to make mistakes and to start over again. If you don’t like something in your life it’s never to late to change it.
- Let go and let God: There are situations in your life which you simply can’t control and you just have to step back and let God step in ( and let him take care it.)
- Coffee is my friend: To be honest, I used to not know how to make coffee until I started my first job out of college. LOL.
- Never stop learning: it’s important to keep learning, whether that’s getting a new job certification or learning a new language.
- Travel bucket list: I’ve been back to my birthstate California twice, our nation’s capital D.C. twice, Savannah, Charleston, Paris and some parts of England. There’s many more cities, states and countries I’ve yet to see and experience!
- Absence makes the heart grow fonder: I say this one because last summer I was visiting family and friends in California and that was the first time me and my boyfriend were away from each for a long time (10 days!)
- Apologize: This is hard to do, but I guaranteed once you’ve apologized no matter how big or small the issue is you definitely feel better.
- Just buy the shoes: I’m the type of person that will contemplate over and over again on purchasing shoes or anything in general. Sometimes, you just gotta be kind to yourself and get the shoes. 🙂
- The things you regret most in life are the ones you don’t do: Lately, I’ve been telling myself to live more in the present and just do it.
- Love hard: Tell your loved ones how much they mean to you because you never know what life can unexpectedly bring.
- Being proud of my achievements big or small: I passed my CPC certification exam 2 months ago and although that has absolutely nothing to do with my college major I’m proud of myself because it’ll open up new doors in the future.
- Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me: Sometimes it’s best to be the bigger person and recognize a messy person for who they are and completely remove them from your life.
- Counting my blessings: It’s easy to get caught up in what we don’t have and forget to appreciate what we DO have.
- Taking a chance: Don’t like your job? Update your resume and apply to new ones. Met someone new? Get to know them, it just might be the best thing to happen to you. 😉
- Loving myself: My favorite me time is giving myself a pedi and applying a facial mask.
- Being there for my friends: In times of need or simply because 🙂
- Wearing lipstick: Every time I put some on, I instantly feel 100 times better!
- Working out: Can’t believe it’s almost been a year since I joined the gym and see how much improvement I’ve made.
- Being proud of my culture: Both my parents are Mexican and yes I was born in America. So that makes me Mexican-American. Some days I was tacos del asada and other days I want a fat juicy cheeseburger! LOL
- Learn to give better directions: I can’t give directions to save my life. HAHA
- Loving my hair: I have such thick, curly hair that’s a pain but the days where I get compliments make me feel lucky to have my hair!
- Being patient: Lately I’ve seen a lot of my friends get engaged, buy homes, move out with their significant others or get married. Don’t worry, your time will come in God’s timing.
- Be myself: There’s no one else who’s better at being you other than YOU! Some people will like you and some will not. Guess what?! IT’S OKAY.
- Making God happy: Sometimes it becomes easier to make things about yourself and forget to make one on one time with Him. All it takes is a simple prayer, reading the bible, listening to a good sermon, or even just reflecting on his goodness.
- Moisturize: I don’t know how I went so long without a good moisturizer!
- Taking more pictures: I love photography but there’s certain events I wish I’d taken more photos of.
- Blog more/write more: I love coming across other bloggers or other writers and hope to meet some of you in the real world!